Monday 16 March 2009

The Streets Of Your Town.


View Larger Map
Being a curious sort I've set myself the task of walking along every street in Central Manchester which I've not consciously walked down before. This time round it was Sussex Street, which then led me to another street, I think it was Kent Street, but Google Maps don't name it. It joins Sussex Street and Pall Mall. Neither street, I'm afraid to report, carried anything of interest. Even the litter was nondescript office bumf. I've passed these streets thousands of times without feeling the need to detour down them, and will now skip them forever in favour of the more direct Norfolk Street / New Market.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, a Mancunian perennial. My Gran Gran lived in some flats on Every Street in her twilight years in the early 70s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Helmet St - nothing but brick walls - recommended.

    ReplyDelete