Friday 27 March 2009

The Go-Betweens - Head Full of Steam.

I’m not one for ‘favourite’ things to the point where I chose to have designated ‘favourites’. Designated favourite film – ‘Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory’, designated favourite book ‘What We Talk About When We Talk About Love’ by Raymond Carver, designated favourite band, The Go Nuts (it used to be Buzzcocks, but The Go Nuts got the nod due to the sentiment expressed in their magnificent Go Nuts Theme) . This clip, however, of The Go-Betweens performing Spring Rain on Whistle Test (nee The Old Grey Whistle Test) in 1986, is my nailed-on 100% favourite ever live music clip. A perfect document of a great band at the very top of their form.

(I was going to write about Manchester magazine Belle Vue, but I realised that that would be three ‘fanzine’ raves in a row, so I’ll post about them later).

No comments:

Post a Comment